The Maine Crafts Guild and the Maine Crafts Association are working to combine all that both organizations have to offer and emerge with a single craft organization supporting our joint missions to better support Maine craft artists and provide a rich variety of opportunities.
We continue to make progress on bringing our two organizations together. The feedback from both members of MCG and MCA as well as the general public has been positive and supportive. As always, we encourage you to reach out to any Transition Team member with feedback; we report this feedback at every meeting.
On June 4th we had our third transition team meeting in Portland.
At this recent meeting much of our work focused on legal/administrative issues and marketing and followed up on the work of several sub-committees.
- Reviewing and finalizing an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Updates to MCA bylaws
- Reviewing current technology and financial systems from each org
- Applying for grant funding to support the transition and 2020 needs
- Designing a printed information card about the merging of MCA & MCG
- Developing and delegating the MCA/MCG information booth for the 2019 show season
- Reviewed current show signage and how to transition to 2020
- Reviewed current show trailer logistics and how to transition into 2020
- Planned for press releases and continued marketing plan for 2019 into 2020
We confirmed two pieces of the plan:
- The new name of the current MCG shows once under MCA management:
As a group of shows, not including MCA’s current Portland Fine Craft Show they will be called: Guild Fine Craft Shows, and individually: Guild Fine Craft Show: Town Name
- The 2019 Master Craft Artist Award presentation, honoring Tom Ferrero, will be held at the MCG Belfast show preview party August 16; this will be a joint effort sharing resources and audiences.
At our next meeting we will dedicate time to developing a comprehensive timeline and “to do” list to fully establish and accomplish the needs ahead of us.
As always, we thank you for your support during this process.
Lisa Gent – MCG President
Tyler Gulden – MCA President
MCG & MCG Transition Team